Junior Regulations Detail
Drive-Tech Karting Junior Championship
This is a kart racing Championship for drivers aged between 10 and 15 years who have graduated from the morning sessions of our Junior Racing School. There are two Championships per year and the winner of each will be put on the next rung of the motor-sport ladder.
Each championship will last over 9/10 rounds, with the best scores in 5 rounds to count for the overall points.
Each round of the Championship will consist of:
4 Heats per driver
Top six drivers on points after all the heats will qualify for the Final. Grid positions decided by points scored, in the event of a tie by fastest lap times.
If there are more than six drivers on equal points, the top six will be decided on fastest lap during heats.
Points will be awarded as follows:
1st: 7 points 2nd: 4 points 3rd: 2 points 4th: 1 point Non-finish: 1 point
Black/white flag, 3 points. Black flag, disqualified from race and score -6 points
Black flag, mechanical fault, 1 point
1st: 2 points
Black/white flag: -3 points Black flag: Disqualified from race and score -6 points
Fastest lap of the day: 1 point
The points from each heat and final will count towards Championship score.
For Each Round
1st - Trophy
2nd - Trophy
3rd - Trophy
Driver of the Day award
1st overall - Trophy, Garland, ARKS Test & Pack
2nd overall - Trophy ARKS Pack
3rd overall - Trophy
4th overall - Trophy
5th overall - Trophy
6th overall - Trophy
Best Novice Award (given to the best placed competitor in his/her first season of racing)
Best Female – Trophy (subject to two entrants who have both completed 5 or more rounds)
- The pit lane is a driver-only zone. Parents/helpers will not be allowed into pit lane.
- To qualify for an award drivers must have competed in 5 rounds of that Championship.
- If a kart has a puncture/mechanical failure, a black flag will be issued and the driver must return to the pits. The driver will then be awarded 1 point.
- Any driver not racing within the sporting spirit may be excluded.
- Any driver receiving more than 2 penalties in any one meeting may be suspended for one meeting.
- Any driver receiving penalty flags in two consecutive meetings will have their case individually reviewed with the option of licence suspension if deemed appropriate.
- At the end of the season the driver with the highest amount of black/white flags will have 3 points deducted from their score.