Intensive Skid Control Course
Our expert instructors will teach you all the defensive driving techniques of the skid pan course and more - and you get extra time to benefit from the experience.
COST: £180 per person - DURATION:Approx 3 Hours
The course takes place on the first and third FRIDAY mornings of each month
Maximum of just 6 participants (standard course is 12 persons) with two instructors.
- Safety briefing.
- Initial skid pan experience in both front and rear wheel drive cars.
- Oversteer, what it feels like, how to apply corrective action, what happens if you do not correct.
- Types of car likely to oversteer.
- Drivers actions that are likely to induce oversteer.
- Understeer what it feels like, how to apply corrective action, what happens if you do not correct.
- Types of car likely to understeer.
- Drivers actions that are likely to induce understeer.
- Intensive practice on the skid pan in both Rover and BMW.
- Detailed briefing on braking with non-ABS cars. Cadence braking.
- Intensive braking exercise.
- Detailed briefing on braking with ABS cars. How it should be used. Its advantages and limitations.
- Intensive ABS braking exercise.
- Briefing on differences between techniques for using brakes on cars with and without ABS.
- Briefing on ‘brake assist' fitted to some cars.
- Discussion on 4WD.
The course lasts for three hours
Why not buy one of open-dated Gift Vouchers? Valid for 18 months they make the perfect Christmas present for any driver!
Price: £180 per person
Weekday bookings and private courses by special arrangement. All drivers must hold a full driving licence.